Cloud computing has been a hugely disruptive technology in the business world, displacing many resources that would conventionally have been located in-house or provided as a traditionally hosted service. It is now driving business change and introducing new ways of delivering cost savings, agility, scalability and flexibility through a range of secure public and private cloud services.
- A cloud-based service can scale up and down to meet your company’s demands for bandwidth instantly, as and when you need it
- Cloud computing offers collaboration technology so that all of your employees can share and work on documents and applications simultaneously – wherever they are located
- A cloud-based service enables your employees to work flexibly from any location where they can access the internet, leading to increased productivity and work-life balance
- A cloud-based service stores all of your data remotely – reducing the amount of data ‘hidden’ and inaccessible on employees’ hard drives and allowing it to be accessed no matter what catastrophes may occur to a device
- Cloud computing reduces your capital expenditure (CapEx) through ‘pay as you go’ services, minimal start-up costs and predictable ongoing operating expenses
- Cloud computing reduces the need for on-site servers – decreasing your energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Using cloud computing providers to manage your service and take care of the issues allows you to concentrate on running your core business
These are just some of the reasons that so many businesses are moving their IT operations to the cloud. If you haven’t made the move yet, Beamap can help with your transformation to cloud computing.